Tgif - Version 4.1 Patchlevel 45 Release Notes
Version 4.1 Patchlevel 45
Added Features/Bug Fixes
- Fix a bug with the create_arc_obj() internal command. Thanks to
Jack Tucker for pointing out the bug.
- Fix a bug with measurements in the ruler window when Tgif.ShowMeasure is
active. Thanks to Olin Johnson for pointing out the bug.
- Fix a bug with "tgif -print -pdf". Thanks to Rob for pointing out the
- Fix a bug with copy and paste in cygwin. Thanks to Tobias Naehring for
fixing the bug.
- Move tgif's web server to a standard web server port (80). The new tgif
home page is now at:
- Please note that as of 5/16/2006, postings to tgif related groups at
Yahoo!Groups are restricted to members only. This is done to cut down
SPAM. The affected groups are at:
If you have registered as a member in a group above, you can now only
post via the web interface or by sending an e-mail from your registered
e-mail address. Sorry about this inconvenience. But there have been
just too much SPAM on these lists.
- Use the X Selections mechanism to perform copy and paste.
- Add support for linking to an external JPEG file to save file size (under
File->Import). Some editing operations cannot be performed on these
linked JPEG objects. However, these objects do not have the color
limitation of X11 pixmap objects. Therefore, when they are exported in
the PS/EPS formation, they will have a lot more colors.
- The standard Linux distribution now use Xtoolkit by default (this is done
by including -DUSE_XT_INITIALIZE in the MISCDEFINES line and -lXt in the
SYS_LIBRARIES line of Tgif.tmpl-linux). One advantage of this is that now
it's easy to override X defaults. For example, one can use:
tgif -xrm "Tgif.Foreground: red"
- Add support for Tgif.PSDistillerNoImageCompress so that images in a
generated PostScript file will not be compressed by a distiller
program such as ps2pdf. Thanks to Dirk Farin for supplying the PostScript
code. Please use Tgif.PSDistillerNoImageCompress with care. It has been
noticed that generated EPS file may not work well with LaTeX.
- Add support for Tgif.AdditionalPSSetup (and -pssetup commandline option)
so that a user can add additiional user specified PostScript code in the
PostScript file header (right before %%EndSetup).
- Support a new commandline option "-noshowpageineps" so that the "showpage"
PostScript command is not generated when printing/exporting in the EPS
format when tgif is run with "-print"..
- Add support for Tgif.PSFontNeedCharSubs and Tgif.PSCharSubs.* so that
some characters in the non-ASCII portion of a non-iso8859-1 font can be
replaced by user specified PostScript characters. Thanks to Peter
Dembinski for the suggestion.
- Add a new X default, Tgif.DrawTextFuncKey_F#, so that a function key
can be associated with a list of internal commands (and activiated only
in the text drawing mode).
- Add the following internal commands: