Tgif - Version 4.1 Patchlevel 42 Release Notes
Version 4.1 Patchlevel 42
Added Features/Bug Fixes
- Tgif's home has moved from University of Maryland to University of Southern
California. The new tgif home page is now:
- If there's no domain resources specified in the X resource file, tgif
will use the library path specified when tgif is compiled as the default.
This is the directory where the equation symbols are installed. Thanks to
A. Sengupta <firstname.lastname@example.org> for pointing out the problem.
- For Red Hat 7.2, /usr/bin/xpmtoppm cannot handle input file whose
format is XPM version 1. Suport for a new compiler option, -D_XPM3TOPPM,
is added so that tgif can generate XPM format version 3 by default.
This is has the same effect as setting Tgif.XPmOutputVersion to 3 and
Tgif.UseXPmVersion1ForImageMap to false.
- Add more information in the tooltip when Tgif.MeasureTooltipVerbose
is set to true.
- Add a new LaTeX equation symbol file "eq4xpm.sym" in the release.
Instead of generating and embedding an EPS file, this new object will
generate and embed an XPM file with additional controls. Please open
this file with tgif for more details and check out
Thanks to Kai Sattler <email@example.com> for the contribution.
- Fix a bug in tgwb when a text object is being edited.
- Obsolete the Tgif.LandscapePdfSetPageDevice X default (because the name
was misleading) and add support for a new X default, Tgif.PdfSetPageDevice.
As mentioned in the release notes for tgif-4.1.39, the use of this should
not be necessary in the future (and is considered a bug in ps2pdf).
The old commandline option, "-nolandpdfspd" is also obsolete and is
replaced by "-pdfspd=yes" and "-pdfspd=no".
- Add a new X default, Tgif.NoModeWindow, so that tgif can start without
a mode window.
- Add a new X default, Tgif.MakeUnsavableInSlideShow, so that the current
file will be made unsavable when slideshow mode is entered. (If the
current file contains auto page numbering objects, the file will be made
unsavable regardless of the setting of this X default.)
- Update the Reliable IP-multicast Library (distributed in the rmcast
subdirectory of this distribution). The new version allows point-to-point
connection between 2 whiteboards. Please see the updated README.tgwb
file. Thanks to the team members of the research group lead by Professor
Edmundo de Souze e Silva <firstname.lastname@example.org> at the
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro.