Tgif - Version 4.1 Patchlevel 30 Release Notes
Version 4.1 Patchlevel 30
Added Features/Bug Fixes
- There's a bug with measure tooltip that certain X servers would generate
extra Expose events while others would not. The result is that
rubber-banding does not work when measure tooltip is enabled. The
simple solution here is to make the default value of
Tgif.UseMeasureTooltip to be false. Also, the default values of both
Tgif.MeasureTooltipXFollowMouse and MeasureTooltipYFollowMouse have been
changed to false, also. Thanks to Helmut Jarausch
<email@example.com> for pointing out the problem.
- Fix a bug with exporting text objects in PS format when the text object
is scales or sheared such that its width or height is 0. This bug is
detectable by gs6.0. Thanks to Ingo Jankowski
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for pointing out the problem.
- Fix a bug with printing text objects in black&white PS file with
UseGrayScale enabled. Thanks to Jurgen Rusch
<email@example.com> for pointing out the problem.
- To build "tgwb", instead of using Imakefile.tgwb, use a new and easier to
maintain file called Target.tmpl.
- Add -usexlib commandline option to force tgif to ignore the
-DUSE_XT_INITIALIZE compile option and use Xlib only. This is useful
when the system resource file for tgif is not installed properly or
messed up and needs to be bypassed.
- Add a new X default, Tgif.NoMinWinSize, so that tgif can be started
without a minimum size when it is set to true (which is the default
value). The problem with the previous tgif is that, by having a
minimum window size, some window managers will show the wrong window
size when tgif is being resized.
- Support the importing of JPEG files in the Import submenu of the File
Menu. Add a new X default, Tgif.JpegToXpm, so that the import filter
can be replaced. By default, it is set to "djpeg -gif -color 222 %s |
giftopnm | ppmtoxpm".