Added Features/Bug Fixes
- Add multi-page functionality. Two modes are supported, namely, the
STACK mode and the TILED mode. When in the TILED mode, an X default,
TiledPageScaling, is used to specify a scale used when the drawing is
printed. Since most PostScript printers do not use the full page as
the drawing area, setting this value to 1.0 may get truncated output.
The recommanded (default) value is 0.9.
- Add file attributes (can be manipulated through the Special Menu).
- Add the ability to execute a few internal commands using the same
mechanism as the ``travel'' and ``launch'' operations. Two demo
files can be ftped from the /pub/samples_tgif directory from
The 'latex' example shows how to specify a latex equation as an attribute
and what additional attributes are needed so that when it is
clicked, it will run LaTeX using a template file, run dvips to generate a
PS file, run pstoepsi to generate a preview bitmap for the PS file, and
finally import the EPS file to be part of an object.
The 'spin' example shows how to specify a 30 frames spinning globe. When
the globe is <Shift><Btn2> clicked, it starts to spin. Any
button click or key click causes it to stop spinning. If this file is
used as a tgif icon, when tgif is iconified, the icon spins. The file
attribute icon_init_exec_obj= is used to specify that the globe should be
- Add a few #ifdefs so that tgif can compile under linux (linux does not have
- Add a few #ifdefs so that tgif can compile under Omron Luna 88k. Thanks to
Jim Blandy <email@example.com> for the patch.
- Add -DXAPPLOADDIR_DEF and -DUSE_XT_INITIALIZE compile flags in the
Imakefile. If -DXAPPLOADDIR_DEF is specified, $(XAPPLOADDIR)/Tgif is used
as the resource file to be used in conjunction with the -DUSE_XAPPLRESDIR
compile flag. If -DUSE_XT_INITIALIZE is specified (and -DUSE_XAPPLRESDIR
is not specified), XtInitialize() is used to initialize the display.
(These are hacks since tgif is Xlib based, while XAPPLOADDIR and
XtInitialize() are Xt specific.) Thanks to Dave Yearke
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for the patch.
- Add a function, CenterAnEndPoint() to move an endpoint of a polyline
object to the center of another object. The function is only accessible
from the Arrange Menu.
- Add a compile option -DINVERT_CTM_BUG to accommodate certain PostScript
utilities which fails when trying to invert non-invertible CTM
(e.g., muluti.ps from ftp.ucc.su.oz.au:/pub/ps_printing/multi). Thanks
to Danny Thomas <email@example.com> for the suggestion.
- Add a shortcut command ToggleNamedAttrShown() for toggling the showing
the name of an attribute. The syntax for such a shortcut is a bit
different from the usual ones. Please see the SHORTCUT section in the
man pages for details.
- Add X defaults, TGIFPATH and TGIFICON, to be used if the TGIFPATH and/or
the TGIFICON environment variables are not set.
William Chia-Wei Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org)